Tuesday, July 5, 2011

List Extension Approved

My birthday was this past weekend, and as you may or may not have noticed, I had only finished 26 out of my 30 things to do as of Friday. Because I wanted to finish what I started, and as the application process was pretty simple, I filed for an extension to complete my list. I received the following response:

Dear Self:

I am in receipt of your application to extend the deadline for completion of your list of 30 Things to Do Before You Turn 30. Based upon your dedication thus far in checking things off of the list, combined with your desire to have more grace for others and yourself into your 30s and beyond, your extension request has been granted.

I hope that with this extension comes a desire to continue to seek out fun and different ways to spend your time. Live each day as if it were an adventure and a gift from God, because it is.

Most sincerely,
Self


With this extension, I hope to check off the final four things from my list within the next month. I am trying to decide what to do next with the blog; all suggestions are welcome. I had an amazing birthday with family and friends (which I will be blogging about to some degree soon), and one of the gifts was a journal with a few suggestions for my "40 before 40" list, so I know that will play into the next iteration.

For those that asked, here are the things that I have not yet finished/blogged about (yes, there are more than 4; I gave myself a buffer):

_ Paintball (did on Saturday; blog coming soon)
_ Bicycle jousting
_ Finish a book series
_ Do things to earn 3 Girl Scout badges
_ Watch every movie that won "Best Picture" since 1981, allowing for up to 3 exchanges with older winners
_ Skeet shooting
_ Go surfing
_ Finish a video game (imminent)
_ Read the entire Bible
_ Make a pinhole camera
_ Get something out of a claw machine


No comments:

Post a Comment