Thursday, January 20, 2011

30 Things Before I Turn 30

With less than 6 months before my 30th birthday, naturally my mind has begun mulling over the imminent demise of my 20s.   I've decided that, rather than let myself think too much about it, I'm going to take the next few months to celebrate going into my next 30 years (and now that song is stuck in your head) by accomplishing a random list of 30 things that seem like they would be fun to do.  Thanks to everyone who has given me ideas!  If you haven't gotten your idea in, there is still time to make the "next 30 years list" (I haven't been able to get the song out of my head all week); a few of the ideas I received ended up going in that list already.  A few qualifiers before I get to the list...while I received many great ideas, I culled the list for things I could definitely do in the next few months and check off without question.  This means taking into consideration cost, scheduling, time, and probability.  And fun-ness level.  Also, I realize that there are more than 30 things (for those of you will count, you know who you are), but I liked the whole list and I figured I would give myself a little bit of a buffer in case some proved untenable (I've already started on the "best picture" movies, and Platoon is ROUGH).  
 
SO - without further ado, here it is...
 
30 Things
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
_ Paintball
_ Bouncy ball race (ala Phoebe from Friends)
_ Bicycle jousting
_ Watch all episodes of a tv series, in order
_ Finish a book series (I'm 7 1/2 books into a 12 book series...I really just need to finish it)
_ Learn to ride a unicycle
_ Camp 
_ Go to an observatory
_ Go to a firing range
_ Start a fire without matches, lighters, etc.
_ Do things to earn 3 Girl Scout badges
_ Learn to make some origami thing
_ Watch every movie that won "Best Picture" since 1981, allowing for up to 3 exchanges with older winners
_ Skeet shooting
_ Rent a convertible & drive to the Keys for the weekend
_ Go back to Yalaha for bread
_ Go surfing
_ Test drive a ridiculous car
_ Have a tea party
_ Sing karaoke
_ Finish a video game
_ Wedding dress party
_ Make ravioli from scratch
_ Go to the Scottish Highland Games
_ Pick out a book blindfolded at the library and read it
_ Go to a play
_ Go to PomPom's Teahouse and sanwicheria at 3am
_ Go to the British Pub on Robinson (I wanted to add WITH the Robinsons, but that might prove difficult)
_ Read the entire Bible 
_ Go kayaking or canoeing
_ Do the mentos + diet coke experiment
_ Make a pinhole camera
_ Get something out of a claw machine
_ Ride a Segway 
_ Run a 5k (or walk it...)
_ Go skiing

So that's it!  I tried to make it a mix of things to do at home, out of the house, by myself, with friends and family, on lazy days, on crazy days, etc.

1 comment: